"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil
is to forget ourselves."
Gandhi

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eggrageous!













By now most of you have heard about the huge egg recall that is going on in the U.S. So far, 1300 people have been sickened by Salmonella prompting the recall of more than half a billion eggs. The infected eggs are virtually impossible to track as many of them were packaged as long ago as April and distributed far and wide across multiple states. April? Are you kidding? It is now the end of August. I had heard that grocery store eggs were old, but I had no idea they could be 4 months old or older! Luckily for me I have found a good local source for eggs. The eggs that I pick up from my friend Roxann are just hours or a couple of days old at most. They are a nice light brown color and the yolks are a deep orange. They taste fresh and delicious. I have been selling Roxann's eggs as fast as her hens can lay them out of my garage all summer. It is a little secret I share with my friends and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment