"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil
is to forget ourselves."
Gandhi

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Among friends

I am planning to move the freezer to the garage this week. In it, you will find delicious soups made by Colleen that you will be able to take home with you. Some of the choices include chicken barley with spinach, white bean and escarole, butternut squash and curry, sweet potato leek, 7 bean barley and tomato, and chicken vegetable. Each container is labeled and there will be an envelope where you can put your 'donation.' I will keep the garage open during the day so you can come and help yourselves. There are also loaves of zucchini bread and soon there will be fresh eggs. This is an informal arrangement among friends. I am providing the freezer only. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Can I take part in this? Are there suggested prices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredible, how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great idea! that soup looks delicious!
    I am writing a speech for my public speaking class on the "food deserts" in neighborhoods throughout Chicago, I will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing I wish my hands were in reach of your freezer!

    ReplyDelete